Also known as reduction mammaplasty, breast reduction surgery removes excess breast fat, glandular tissue, and skin to achieve a breast size that is proportionate to your body and to alleviate the discomfort associated with overly large breasts.
Overly large breasts can cause some women to have both health and emotional problems. In addition to creating self-image issues, overly heavy breasts can cause real physical pain and discomfort. The weight of excess breast tissue can impair your ability to lead an active life. The emotional discomfort and self-consciousness often associated with having large pendulous breasts is as important an issue to many women as the physical discomfort and pain.
Breast reduction surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
YOU ARE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR BREAST REDUCTION IF:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- You don’t smoke
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too large
- Your breasts limit your physical activity
- You experience back, neck, and shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- You have regular indentations from bra straps that support heavy, pendulous breasts
- You have skin irritation beneath the breast crease
- Your breasts hang low and have stretched skin
- Your nipples rest below the breast crease when your breasts are unsupported
- You have enlarged areolas caused by stretched skin
Often Performed with
For examples of the before-and-after results of breast reductions performed at Delray Beach Plastic Surgery, visit our Gallery.
Start your journey today.
Ready to learn more about which plastic surgery option is right for you? Schedule a consultation today with one of our world-class surgeons to get started. We look forward to beginning this exciting process with you!
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.
Your journey begins today.
Thank you for visiting Delray Beach Plastic Surgery. As one of the top Facial Plastic Surgeons in America, Dr. Westine cannot wait to find out how we can help you achieve your aesthetic goals. Please contact us using our contact form, or the information below:
DELRAY BEACH PLASTIC SURGERY
250 Dixie Boulevard, #103
Delray Beach, FL 33444-3857
P: (561) 278-3245 / (877) 600-1113
F: (561) 276-1904