Liposuction removes superficial fat to help contour the body and reduce the overall size of an area. Liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss, but does remove specific areas of fat from the body.
Ideal candidates for liposuction exercise regularly, yet still have fat deposits resistant to exercise and dietary change. While traditional liposuction can be effective, there are newer methods that can also be effective in removing unwanted fat for ideal candidates.
Fat deposits accumulate in different places in the male and female bodies; in women the most common areas for liposuction are the abdomen, thighs, hips, arms, and below the chin. In men, liposuction is most commonly performed upon the abdomen and the “love handles.”
LIPOSUCTION IS A GOOD OPTION FOR YOU IF:
- You are physically healthy and at a stable weight
- You exercise regularly and control your diet, but retain fat
- You have realistic expectations
- You do not smoke
Although the results of liposuction are technically permanent, the positive outcome can be greatly diminished by significant fluctuations in your weight. Performing liposuction will not stop fat from accumulating again should you gain weight.
The success and safety of your liposuction procedure depends very much on your complete candidness during your consultation with our surgeons. He/she will ask you a number of questions about your health, desires, and lifestyle.
BE PREPARED TO DISCUSS:
- Why you want the surgery, your expectations, and desired outcome
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, and medical treatments
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drugs
- Any previous surgeries
YOUR SURGEONS MAY ALSO:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs for your medical record
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of liposuction and any risks or potential complications
- In House Surgical Center or hospital
- The procedure can take 1 to 3 hrs
- Post-Op office visit the following day
- Mild discomfort and bruising
- You can go back to work two to three days a small volume removed; or five to seven days for a larger volume removed
- Light exercise after two to three weeks
- Wear compression garment for 4-6 weeks
Start your journey today.
Ready to learn more about which plastic surgery option is right for you? Schedule a consultation today with one of our world-class surgeons to get started. We look forward to beginning this exciting process with you!
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.
Your journey begins today.
Thank you for visiting Delray Beach Plastic Surgery. As one of the top Facial Plastic Surgeons in America, Dr. Westine cannot wait to find out how we can help you achieve your aesthetic goals. Please contact us using our contact form, or the information below:
DELRAY BEACH PLASTIC SURGERY
250 Dixie Boulevard, #103
Delray Beach, FL 33444-3857
P: (561) 278-3245 / (877) 600-1113
F: (561) 276-1904