Restore your lost facial volume and contour today!
A facial fat transfer by Dr. Westine can be an excellent method to replenish youthful contours.
As the face matures over time, there is an inevitable loss and volume depletion of the natural facial fat which contributes to the appearance of an aging face. Fat transfer is truly 100% natural and has been performed for decades in the correction of facial defects.
To restore lost facial volume and contour, fat transfer can be an excellent method to replenish youthful contours, with the added benefit of improvement in skin texture and tone.
Essentially, fat transfer is the process taking fat from one area of your body where it is plentiful (for example, the abdomen or thigh) and transferring it to an area of volume loss in the face.
The most common areas of the face Dr. Westine treats include: correction of “hollow” eyes and visible tear troughs, temple areas and temporal fat pads, cheeks, chin, jaw line, lips, and other locations. For patients seeking a natural alternative for plumping facial wrinkles, fat transfer may be an excellent option.
Benefits of Fat Transfer
- Autologous Fat is an ideal volume source as there are no allergic or adverse reactions.
- Autologous Fat transfer is long lasting.
- Autologous Fat transfer can improve skin quality and texture.
- Autologous Fat is readily available, can be harvested in abundant quantities and it is relatively inexpensive, compared to dermal fillers.
Negatives to Fat Transfer
- Autologous Fat transfer is an invasive surgical procedure.
- Not every fat cell will survive the transfer process. Therefore, the results are not as predictable as dermal filler injections.
Procedures often combined with Fat Transfer
- Facelift Surgery
- Chin Implant
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Eyelid Surgery
As with all facial plastic surgery, a thorough health assessment and realistic expectations are prerequisites. Your understanding of procedures, routines, and risks is essential to a successful final result. Following your consultation, we continue our discussion at the preoperative appointment.
The success and safety of your surgery depends very much on your complete candidness during your initial consultation. Dr. Westine will ask a number of questions about your health, desires, and lifestyle.
For examples of the before-and-after results of fat transfer procedures performed at Delray Beach Plastic Surgery, visit our Gallery.