PRP Hair Therapy
Delray Beach Plastic Surgery offers Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy, one of the most innovative forms of regenerative medicine that restores radiant skin, softens wrinkles and promotes hair regrowth for women and men suffering from hair loss, also called alopecia.
You are a good candidate for PRP hair rejuvenation if you…
- Are in the early stages of hair loss
- Have areas of “weak quality” hair growth on your scalp, where functioning hair follicles can still be observed
- Have small areas of hair loss, or generalized thinning of the hair.
- Are in good health and are not suffering from certain types of blood disorders, skin issues, liver disorders, diabetes or cancer.
How does it work?
Platelet Rich Plasma contains high concentrations of over 20 types of growth factors that are believed to stimulate hair re-growth. PRP nurtures hair follicles with these critical growth factors thereby converting them from a dormant state, (in which the hair is no longer growing) to an active state (in which a normal hair growth cycle occurs). When it comes to hair loss, the theory is that platelets, injected deep into the scalp to reach the bottom of the hair follicle, may stimulate a specialized population of cells named dermal papilla cells, which play a critical role in hair growth.
- PRP increases the blood supply to the hair follicles.
- PRP increases hair shaft size (thickness)
- PRP helps control the hair growth cycle
What will happen during my treatment?
Our Nurse will obtain a sample of your blood, just like a routine lab test. Your blood will then be processed in our EmCyte® centrifuge to separate and capture your platelets. While your platelets are being processed, your scalp will be numbed to ensure comfort. Your concentrated platelets (PRP) will then be injected into your scalp. A micro-needling device (Skin Pen) may also be used on your scalp.
How many treatments are required?
The usual treatment plan involves three sessions, approximately 6-8 weeks apart, followed by maintenance sessions every six months.
Nutrafol is suitable for most people from all walks of life. We have three natural formulations – two for women (*one specialized formula for menopause- pre, during and post) and one for men, each designed to suit the unique needs of both sexes.
Is Nutrafol for everyone?
Nutrafol is suitable for most people from all walks of life. We have three natural formulations – two for women (*one specialized formula for menopause- pre, during and post) and one for men, each designed to suit the unique needs of both sexes
What kind of results will I see with Nutrafol?
Of course, consistency is key. If you take Nutrafol daily for 6 months, here’s a snapshot of what you’re likely to experience:
Month 1-3: Set the stage for growth. The botanicals and supportive nutrients are working to balance your system and target the factors affecting your hair. Month 3-6: Start seeing healthy hair growth.* Month 7+: Stay committed. Stay growing.
Keravive is a first of its kind 3-step treatment that includes an in-office component, as well as a 30-day take-home spray.
- CLEANSE & EXFOLIATE HydraFacial Vortex Technology extracts dirt, oil and impurities from your scalp and hair follicles.
- HYDRATE + NOURISH Keravive Peptide Complex Solution exfoliates your scalp and nourishes your hair follicles with growth factors and skin proteins to promote a healthy scalp and healthier, fuller-looking hair.
- EXTEND & ENHANCE Daily use of the HydraFacial Keravive Peptide Complex Spray enhances your in-office treatment and delivers daily hydration and nourishment to your scalp and hair follicles.
Boost benefits of other treatments:
HydraFacial Keravive can also complement hair-loss treatment protocols. A cleaner, healthier scalp encourages better uptake and efficacy of popular oral, topical, laser, and surgical therapies.
How many treatments will I need?
The recommended regimen is 3 monthly in-office treatments + Topical take-home spray for use between treatments and 90 after final treatment
After just 1 treatment, patients reported improvement in scalp itchiness, scalp dryness, scalp flakiness and hair fullness. Following the full course of treatments, 75% of patients reported improvement in hair fullness, 72% reported improvement in overall hair appearance and 64% said they felt more confident as a result.