Platelet Rich Plasma
The power to restore a more youthful appearance using your body’s own powerful growth factors.
Delray Beach Plastic Surgery offers Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy, one of the most innovative forms of regenerative medicine that restores radiant skin, softens wrinkles and promotes hair regrowth for women and men suffering from hair loss, also called alopecia.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is also the premier treatment for revitalizing aging hands, combined with dermal fillers and IPL Photofacial for brown spots.
How does it work?
Our advanced Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy increases collagen production naturally, by activating your own healing factors.
Platelets are the cells within your blood that help tissues to heal and grow new cells. These platelets, when harvested and activated, release powerful growth factors that stimulate your own collagen to grow, resulting in smoother skin texture and tone.
Our rejuvenation technique begins with obtaining a small sample of your blood (less than the amount required for routine blood work). Our highly skilled, registered nurse then separates the red blood cells and plasma, using the most advanced platelet rich plasma concentrating system on the market.
This process results in highly concentrated PRP, which can be utilized in the following ways:
- Infused into the skin with the Skin Pen. The Skin Pen is an FDA approved, state-of-the art, Collagen Induction Therapy device also known as microneedling.
- Injected under the skin using a fine needle, much like dermal fillers.
What are the benefits?
- Natural, organic approach
- Derived from your own blood (“autologous” transplantation and therefore low risk of allergic or immune reaction)
- Promotes hair growth
- Smooths fine line and wrinkles
- Improves skin texture, color and tone
- Improves appearance of acne cars and stretch marks
- Speeds recovery time post laser skin resurfacing
What areas can be treated with PRP?
How many treatments are required?
The initial treatment protocol for PRP is 3-8 treatments once a month. Protocols will vary depending on skin quality and lifestyle. Once a desired goal is achieved, a maintenance protocol is prescribed.
If you are interested in learning more about PRP technology at Delray Beach Plastic Surgery, please call our office at 561-278-3245 for your complimentary consultation.